Select the links below to assist you and your loved ones with research and useful information.
National Suicide Prevention Hotline (United States)
- Phone: 800-273-8255 (available 24/7)
- Support for deaf people and those with hearing loss: 800-799-4899
- Online chat: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/ (available 24/7)
- Website: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
Crisis Text Line
- Text: HOME to 741741 (available 24/7)
- Website: https://www.crisistextline.org/
The Veterans Crisis Line
This service is available to anyone, even those not registered or enrolled with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Phone: 800-273-8255 and press 1 (available 24/7)
- Text: 838255 (available 24/7)
- Online chat: http://www.veteranscrisisline.net/get-help/chat (available 24/7)
- Website: http://www.veteranscrisisline.net/
The Trevor Project
This service provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention for LGBTQ+ youth via hotline, online chat, texting, and an online support center:
- Phone: 866-488-7386 (available 24/7)
- Text: START to 678678 (available 24/7)
- Online chat: https://www.thetrevorproject.org/get-help-now/ (available 24/7)
- Website: https://www.thetrevorproject.org/
SAMHSA’s National Helpline (Substance Abuse)
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) national helpline offers confidential treatment referrals in both English and Spanish to people with mental health conditions, substance use disorders, or both.
- Phone: 800-662-4357 (available 24/7)
- Support for deaf people and those with hearing loss: 800-487-4889 (available 24/7)
- Website: http://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline
RAINN National Sexual Assault Hotline
- Phone: 800-656-4673 (available 24/7)
- Online chat: https://bit.ly/31L6uGM
- Website: https://www.rainn.org/
MI SIBS: Provisional supports so siblings can be better advocates with their brothers and sisters with disabilities.
CHOKING AND SUFFOCATION PREVENTION RESOURCES
DROWNING PREVENTION RESOURCES
FALL PREVENTION RESOURCES
FIRE & BURN SAFETY RESOURCES
FOR TEACHERS, PARENTS AND OTHERS:
GENERAL INJURY PREVENTION RESOURCES
292-Baby features online educational videos including toy safety, lead poisoning, and fire safety.
MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY RESOURCES
NATURAL DISASTER INJURY PREVENTION RESOURCES
POISON CONTROL RESOURCES
Call the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-LEAD-FYI (1-800-532-3394). Materials are available in Spanish and English.