PARENT/BOARD ZOOM INFORMATION
Board Meeting – September 28, 2020 at 4pm
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88476967019?pwd=c3kzellMeVZ5L0MyOXBoM3RTQld0UT09
Meeting ID: 884 7696 7019
Dial by your location: 646 558 8656
ATTENTION ALL WSC STUDENTS AND PARENTS
- Starting Thursday October 1, 2020, we will be switching over to a new school wide messaging system called REMIND
- Please be on the lookout for invitations from school staff to join REMIND by using specific codes. It is important that you join for that is the only way you will receive important information regarding the school this year. The great thing about REMIND is that you can communicate with the teachers more quickly and easily.
- COUNT DAY IS WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 7TH. ALL STUDENTS MUST BE IN THE BUILDING.
9th-11th Grade students will come in from 9am-11 am
12th Grade student AND Adult students will come in from 12pm-2 pm
- ALL students will have their temperatures checked, sanitized and socially distanced while in the building.
- ALL students must wear a mask.
- Students are to log onto ALL classes and do an activity in each class and then they will be released.
Please contact the office if you have any questions or concerns. 734.794.0218
Count Day- October 7th
The WSC Academy leadership and team have continued to meet on a weekly basis to stay updated with all Covid-19 related communications as it relates to our community, reviewed Governor Whitmer’s MI Safe Schools Return to Learn Roadmap, reviewed relevant research regarding Special Education, Emotional and Social Health and taken guidance from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Interim Guidance for Administrators of US K-12 Schools. Please take the time to review this plan. If you have any questions please contact the school at 734-794-0218.
Our Tuition-Free Public Charter School
WSC Academy offers a non-traditional personal curriculum combining online courses (PLATO) and teacher-led class sessions in a technology enriched classroom. The Academy also offers VIRTUAL learning where students have the opportunity for an off-site flexible schedule. Students can receive their high school diploma up to age 21 with our personal curriculum and Virtual Learning opportunity. We believe in offering quality education in an encouraging learning environment to provide students with the opportunity to be successful in the classroom and beyond. We are dedicated to assisting students and their families with academic and vocational needs that have not been met in the traditional classroom. WSC Academy provides the tools necessary for successful lifelong learning and prepares our students for the future. The curriculum at WSC Academy follows the guidelines of the Michigan Merit Curriculum (MMC). Students enrolled at WSC Academy will need 20 credit hours to graduate. Students who are college bound will be provided with guidance to graduate with 22 credits.
Microsoft and Phlebotomy Certification, CTE Classes and Community Agency Collaborations
WSC Academy is a Tuition-Free Public Charter School!
WSC Academy students showed growth in all Academic Areas on the 2017-2018 NWEA testing.