We have officially switched to REMIND for our school’s messaging system. Please be aware that messages will come from the following number, (616) 344-0931. You can also opt to add the REMIND app to your phone for easy access.
PARENT/BOARD ZOOM INFORMATION
Board Meeting – April 26, 2021 at 4pm
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88476967019?pwd=c3kzellMeVZ5L0MyOXBoM3RTQld0UT09
Meeting ID: 884 7696 7019
Dial by your location: 646 558 8656
This board meeting will be virtual due to the city of Ypsilanti being under Covid-19 state of emergency by order of the Mayor.
- Congratulations to our 2021 Graduates! WSC Academy Graduation will be held on Monday June 14, 2021 at 6 pm and will be located at Community Church of God at 565 Jefferson St. Ypsilanti, MI 48197. Link for guest streaming is as follows: https://www.youtube.com/c/ccogypsilanti
- WSC Academy will be hosting an Ice Cream Social/gathering for our students on the last day of school which is Thursday June 17th from 1 pm-3 pm. Please call the office if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you there!
- WSC Academy will be offering Summer School for any students who wish to attend. Dates are Monday August 2-Thursday August 19, Monday-Thursday. If you would like to attend Summer School please either reply using Remind or call the office at 734.794.0218. Please let us know by Thursday June 17,2021.
- Please view our new parent letter in collaboration with WISD and the Washtenaw County Health Department regarding new information about COVID. Information is in the COVID-19 menu bar under LETTERS TO PARENTS on this website.
- SUMMERWORK OPPORTUNITY- The SummerWork program is now accepting applications for a 10 week paid employment and mentorship program for Washtenaw County youth ages 16-24. Please visit, www.summerworks.info, for more information and to complete the application.
WSC Academy 2021 Graduation- Monday June 14, 2021
Last Day of School and Ice Cream Social – Thursday June 17, 2021
The WSC Academy leadership and team have continued to meet on a weekly basis to stay updated with all Covid-19 related communications as it relates to our community, reviewed Governor Whitmer’s MI Safe Schools Return to Learn Roadmap, reviewed relevant research regarding Special Education, Emotional and Social Health and taken guidance from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Interim Guidance for Administrators of US K-12 Schools. Please take the time to review this plan. If you have any questions please contact the school at 734-794-0218.
Our Tuition-Free Public Charter School
WSC Academy offers a non-traditional personal curriculum combining online courses (PLATO) and teacher-led class sessions in a technology enriched classroom. The Academy also offers VIRTUAL learning where students have the opportunity for an off-site flexible schedule. Students can receive their high school diploma up to age 21 with our personal curriculum and Virtual Learning opportunity. We believe in offering quality education in an encouraging learning environment to provide students with the opportunity to be successful in the classroom and beyond. We are dedicated to assisting students and their families with academic and vocational needs that have not been met in the traditional classroom. WSC Academy provides the tools necessary for successful lifelong learning and prepares our students for the future. The curriculum at WSC Academy follows the guidelines of the Michigan Merit Curriculum (MMC). Students enrolled at WSC Academy will need 20 credit hours to graduate. Students who are college bound will be provided with guidance to graduate with 22 credits.
Microsoft and Phlebotomy Certification, CTE Classes and Community Agency Collaborations
WSC Academy is a Tuition-Free Public Charter School!
WSC Academy students showed growth in all Academic Areas on the 2017-2018 NWEA testing.