Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration, Maternal and Child Health Bureau
National Suicide Prevention Hotline (United States)
- Phone: 800-273-8255 (available 24/7)
- Support for deaf people and those with hearing loss: 800-799-4899
- Online chat: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/ (available 24/7)
- Website: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
Crisis Text Line
- Text: HOME to 741741 (available 24/7)
- Website: https://www.crisistextline.org/
The Veterans Crisis Line
This service is available to anyone, even those not registered or enrolled with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Phone: 800-273-8255 and press 1 (available 24/7)
- Text: 838255 (available 24/7)
- Online chat: http://www.veteranscrisisline.net/get-help/chat (available 24/7)
- Website: http://www.veteranscrisisline.net/
The Trevor Project
This service provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention for LGBTQ+ youth via hotline, online chat, texting, and an online support center:
- Phone: 866-488-7386 (available 24/7)
- Text: START to 678678 (available 24/7)
- Online chat: https://www.thetrevorproject.org/get-help-now/ (available 24/7)
- Website: https://www.thetrevorproject.org/
SAMHSA’s National Helpline (Substance Abuse)
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) national helpline offers confidential treatment referrals in both English and Spanish to people with mental health conditions, substance use disorders, or both.
- Phone: 800-662-4357 (available 24/7)
- Support for deaf people and those with hearing loss: 800-487-4889 (available 24/7)
- Website: http://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline
RAINN National Sexual Assault Hotline
- Phone: 800-656-4673 (available 24/7)
- Online chat: https://bit.ly/31L6uGM
- Website: https://www.rainn.org/
GENERAL INFORMATION ON DISABILITIES AND DISORDERS
DROWNING PREVENTION RESOURCES
FALL PREVENTION RESOURCES
FOR PARENTS AND OTHERS:
GENERAL INJURY PREVENTION RESOURCES
GUN SAFETY RESOURCES
Common Sense About Kids and Guns Common Sense Safety Tips and Statement on Kids and Guns in the Home
MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY RESOURCES
NATURAL DISASTER INJURY PREVENTION RESOURCES
POISON CONTROL RESOURCES
POISON HELP 1-800-222-1222 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Health Topic: Poisoning U.S.
Household Products Database The ABC’s of Poison Prevention: A Teacher’s Guide from the Upstate NY Poison Center
Call the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-LEAD-FYI (1-800-532-3394). Materials are available in Spanish and English.
SAFETY ARTICLES BY TOPIC
The Commision on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
is an independent, nonprofit accreditor of health and human services.
You face a variety of option when deciding what rehabilitation services to use and who should provide them. Accreditation is only given to the highest quality service providers who commit to continuous improvement and who focus on the unique needs of each person they serve. Accreditation is a sign of quality and should be an important consideration in your decision making.